We found out yesterday afternoon that our 'dossier' (our paperwork) was accepted!! I would have updated this yesterday, but I had a terrible migraine...sorry. Thank you all sooo very much for your prayers!
We went to see the house again today so that we could take measurements, especially so that we can outfit the kitchen. We basically have to add everything we want in it, except for the kitchen sink...lol...so the term "everything but the kitchen sink" really applies here.
At first, we weren't going to get the keys until next Tuesday. Basically, though, since this weekend is Easter weekend, everyone has a long holiday; off for Easter Monday...ironic, huh?! In a country that doesn't believe God exists...they still acknowledge a holiday celebrating Christ's resurrection! So, since E.'s off, I was really hoping we'd be able to get in by at least Saturday, so we'd be able to do any painting and such to get it ready. So I basically had him beg...I actually couldn't understand him, so I don't really know how much begging it took, but we are now getting in to it on Saturday morning! Yay!!
You wouldn't believe the amount of things one has to sign here just to rent though! It felt more like a closing on the sale of a house! Crazy. However, for a good reason, I guess...here, if you go "belly-up" and don't pay, they basically can't kick you out of the house/apartment from like September to March. Because it's in the middle of winter, and they can't legally kick you out! So they go to great extents to be sure that they won't be put into that position.
We took all sorts of pics of the house...so I'm going to post some of them below. Oh, our new town name? St. Pierre de Chandieu. You can some pics of the town on this website....
http://www.mairie-stpierredechandieu.com/. Good luck with the French... ;)
Oh, the coolest part of this town! A couple of weeks ago, one of our coworkers, Cheryl, invited me to attend a craft club. Clubs are big things here...there's pretty much a club for every kind of activity. So the craft club meets in our little town! Like a block from our new house! So I've already started getting to know some of the women from there!! So cool! I've been to a quilting exhibition with some of them, and they've been very sweet to me. It's really neat how the Lord orchestrated these relationships already...so cool! Now, I just have to learn how to speak to them! Ugh....
Thanks again so much for your prayers! Keep praying! Especially for our language inability!! Lol...
Love, Jennifer (Enjoy the pics!...Well, you might not enjoy them as much as we do...we're pretty excited!)
 |
| Our street |
 |
| Back Door |
 |
| Front Door |
 |
| "La cave" (basically just a tiled room) |
 |
| Cute street lamp on the corner of our building |
 |
| Spiral Staircase (with bathroom on left and closet on right) |
 |
| See the middle section? That's my "farm" ;) |
 |
| Left door....ours |
 |
| Kitchen...seriously |
 |
| Front Door/Main Living Area |
 |
| Next door |
 |
| Our parking (See our van?) |
 |
| Parking again...other angle |
 |
| Pretty spiral staircase |
 |
| Third floor (where all you visitors will sleep!) |
 |
| 3rd Floor again...from the opposite side of room |
No comments:
Post a Comment