Haha...no, we haven't been here that long yet...but it has been almost exactly one year since we got back last summer from the camp here that we helped with...the impetus behind our decision to move here! Crazy! Last year, about now, we were discussing it as a family (talking to B. over the phone about it, cause he was still in France), praying TONS and finally coming to a decision to sell our house and see what God does. Wow...it's been a crazy year!
At the end of July, we will have been here for 4 months. It seems to have gone by so fast in some ways, and so slow in others!
Last week was a super hectic, busy week! The camp, Talk it Up, was very successful with 28 kids there...they had a blast! I was sad because my language classes had just begun and I wasn't able to participate like I had last year. E. did get to take off three days to help with it...the kids love him! Also, our kids all helped every day. It went by super fast and the kids who came were sad when it was over.
I've been in language classes now for exactly two weeks. It's been a hard adjustment to go back to school after so long! My head feels like it's going to explode most evenings! I have an exam on the 27th so please pray that I'll be able to somehow remember all I've learned for that! Also pray that I start to be able to use what I'm learning....it's hard without having a practical place to flesh out what I'm learning. Also pray for me as I go and come from the school each day. It takes about 45 mins each day to get there or back...on Wednesday, it was raining and I was walking determinedly to the metro stop I have to go to. The school is in kind of a bad part of downtown Lyon...I'm usually the only white non-Muslim woman walking thru the area when I'm there. As I was in that area, a huge (about 300+lbs) man, all dressed in this huge dress, came up to me and stood about 2 inches from my face and kept saying something to me in French. I kept trying to get around him but he kept blocking me. Finally I darted around him and he started laughing at me and then hit me hard twice in the back of my neck as I went by. Please pray that I'll find another student to walk with to this stop.... It kinda freaked me out!
An update on E.'s job situation. I can't remember if I updated on the blog about this a couple of weeks ago or not...here's a short summary. Basically, his boss 'fired' E. about two weeks ago. There's a long process here though when you fire someone...so E.'s still been going to work every day. However, on Wednesday, his boss called him in for a meeting and has basically now 'un-fired' him...giving him 'one more chance'. So poor E.; he still has a job but he has got to find something else soon...this man is verbally abusive and flips decisions faster than a light switch! So please be praying that he will be able to find something very soon and something that will provide better for our family.
G. is getting to go to an English camp tomorrow...mainly with other mk's. Someone here provided that for her and it was a
huge blessing! I think she'll have a blast! A. was also offered to go, but she didn't want to.
Please be in prayer too for the school situation for the kids, especially for A. The school she is going to go to is an international school and right now, she has been accepted for it...but in the European section. She has a huge day of testing at the end of August for the anglophone section. We are hesitating to have her take this test because even if she passes it, this section is too expensive for us. Please pray that the Lord would give us wisdom on why to do, in the event that she is accepted into this section.
B. is going to do a year of high school here starting in the fall, simply to work on his French. G. has been accepted into the school she went to for the last three weeks....so that's really cool for her. It's only 5 mins from our house!
Thanks so much for all of your prayers! You cannot know how very much we covet them!!! We all miss you all so much. Please remember that you can come visit us whenever! ;)
Jennifer
Watching from this side of the tapestry how God is working in our lives....
"Here is the bottom line: do not worry about your life. Don't worry about what you will eat or what you will drink. Don't worry about how you will clothe your body. Living is about more than merely eating, and the body is about more than dressing up. Look at the birds in the sky. They do not store food for winter; they don't sow or reap - and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. And you are even more precious Him than a beautiful bird. If He looks after them, of course He will look after you.
Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and then all these things will be given to you. So do not worry about tomorrow. Living faithfully is a large enough task for today."
Matthew 6:25-26 & 33-34 (The Voice New Testament)
No comments:
Post a Comment